14 April 2012

Have your cake....


The arrival of some new pinnys in stock has prompted a round of baking this week. With pretty ruffles in shades of blues and greens they have a vintage appeal which inspired our own little bake off! A Victoria sponge was an obvious choice for a nostalgic feel to our shoot.


Something I share with my Mother-in-law, is our love of vintage baskets and she gave me this one recently. I love how it is so beautifully crafted, it's colour and comforting charm! It looks so gorgeous filled with all our assembled ingredients and utensils.


Baking is always a calming activity with children, especially if the end result is sticky, sweet and appealing! These two eagerly joined in the fun part....spreading the jam and dusting with icing sugar.



Thank you Eloise and Ava for being so enthusiastic and eating so much of the cake for me!


Janne x

No comments:

Post a Comment