2 April 2012

Easter eggs

Decorative Easter craft



I love Easter time! Not for the chocolate (honestly), but for the perfect excuse to don a pinny and get crafty in the kitchen. This little project colouring eggs took a couple of hours and we could have spent another few decorating with paint, beads and feathers. However, hungry teenagers were beckoning! The sewing box was to hand and a bit of lace and buttons were a lovely contrast to the darker colours.

Ideally, white eggs should be used, but failing this, the lightest brown. Boil for about 8 minutes with a teaspoon of vinegar and several drops of food colouring. You may have to experiment here as my colours didn't quite turn out as expected! Leave to cool. A friend pointed out afterwards that I should have rubbed the eggs with olive oil to make them shiny. I'll try that next time! Decorate as you wish, although I quite like them simply piled up in a glass jar.




No comments:

Post a Comment