6 April 2012

Yellow

I thought I'd have a bit of fun styling an Easter shoot. Yellow is very much the colour this Spring making a come back in home furnishings and fashion. It suddenly looks new and fresh again. It was very easy to combine a few of my favourite things (fluffy rabbit ears aside).....mini chocolate eggs, parrot tulips and sylvac rabbits! I had made a Simnel cake for Easter and as I was rather pleased with the result, it seemed a shame for it just to be gobbled down with no record. After all it is an annual event and I may not feel like making one next year!
I always thought there were twelve balls of marzipan on a Simnel cake (a light fruit cake with a  marzipan layer) representing the disciples. Judas being a traitor however, means he doesn't count and so we end up with eleven.

Rabbits in jars? Well why not..I think he looks rather cute!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment