17 September 2015

Saying goodbye to Summer:

It's all change in our house this month. My youngest started secondary school and my eldest started Uni. Just as the season is changing and the leaves start to turn colour, I've been embracing all this emotional upheaval as something positive. Of course there was a very teary goodbye to my big boy, but he was ready to leave, he's gone to a fabulous Uni and he has friends and family all within an hour. He's had a gap year and is ready to embrace adulthood head-on. I am content in knowing that he is happy and confident and ready to embrace the world! And on the upside...there is always food in the cupboard now!

Summer came and went so fast. As did the blackberries! They ripened so quickly and then all turned to mush, unpicked because of all the rain. However, we did manage to pick a bucket load for a blackberry and apple crumble cake one day.


 Our black lab, Brigg joining us on our foraging expedition



 I was thrilled when Emma at aquietstyle.co.uk chose this photo in her weekly #aquietstyle feature on instagram. Her style is so beautiful and dreamy to look at and her blog full of gorgeous imagery and features.

 I never pass up the chance to miss a nature shot especially when the light is so pretty and sparkly.

 And the blackberry and cake. Perfect warm with greek yoghurt.

 I hope you've been enjoying the start of the new season too and please if you are on instagram, come and say hello @jannelford

Janne x

No comments:

Post a Comment